Terms & Conditions of Trading
In submitting Work to TH Languages Ltd (and trading name translatemydoc), the Client enters into a binding agreement with TH Languages Ltd t/a translatemydoc. The agreement is covered by the terms and conditions below.
‘The Company' means TH Languages Ltd (and trading name translatemydoc) whose registered office is at 85 Doncaster Road, Wath Upon Dearne, ROTHERHAM S63 7DN.
'The Client' means any individual, business and/or corporate body that enters into a binding agreement with ‘The Company’.
'Text' means any hard copy documents, electronic files or faxed documentation.
'Work' means any translation, interpreting, typesetting, artwork, printing or any other service supplied by the Company.
Stating the Purpose of the Translation, i.e. visa applications, passport office communications, insurance information, medical documents, certificates, publication, advertising, litigation, patent proceedings, incorporation, etc.:
- The charge for the translation shall be determined in accordance with the scale of charges stated by the Company.
- Should the Client decide to use the translation for a purpose other than that originally stated, it is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that the translation is suitable for the new purpose.
- The Company reserves the right to amend or adapt the translation, if necessary, for the new purpose and make a further charge if applicable.
- In the event that the Client uses the translation for a purpose other than initially specified the Client shall not be entitled to any compensation from the Company and the Client shall indemnify the Company against any loss arising to the Company in goodwill or otherwise as a result.
- Where the purpose of the translation is not stated the Company shall execute the translation to the best of its judgment. The Company will determine the charge accordingly.
- Binding quotations shall not be given by the Company to the Client against text not seen by the Company unless authorised by a Director of the company. A binding quotation will be given to the Client once the final text has been received by the Company. A quotation remains valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- No work will commence until the Client has accepted the quotation in writing, which includes email. Once a quotation has been accepted by the Client, said acceptance constitutes an Order from the Client and the Client becomes liable to pay for the services provided and named in the said quotation in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Trading.
- Each order received from the Client will be treated as a separate contract unless otherwise agreed.
- Special Note – all and any agreements made are made exclusively between TH Languages Ltd t/a translatemydoc and the Client. Any action or decision made by other parties such as the Legal Aid Agency will have no effect on said agreement or any orders placed by the Client for services provided by TH Languages Ltd /a translatemydoc.
Charges and Payment
- Charges quoted are generally in GB Pounds Sterling. It is the responsibility of the Client to decide whether or not they can accept charges quoted. Once accepted by the Client, the charges cannot be reduced.
- All bank charges and fees are payable by the Client.
- Payment for all services will be in advance of any work being commenced by TH Languages Ltd t/a translatemydoc.
- Amendments to Text
- An additional charge will be made by the Company should the Client requests amendments to a text already in progress. The additional charge will be on added word-count or on an hourly charge.
- The Client will give a clear indication of the delivery requirements when submitting text for translation and the Company will make every reasonable effort to meet the Client's requirements. However, late delivery shall not entitle the Client to withhold payment for work done.
- Where a delivery date is a material part of a commission accepted by the Company, this must be disclosed by the Client in advance.
- Should completion of the translation be required sooner than the agreed date it will be entirely at the discretion of the Company to accept a new completion date. The Client must make reasonable allowance for any defects in the translation where such a request for a reduced production time has been made. Should the completion of the translation necessitate overtime being worked or other additional costs being incurred, a charge will be made to cover the increased costs.
- The Company will not accept any liability for the consequence of any delay in completion of the translation caused by the Client. Any agreed deadlines or schedules will automatically cease to be valid and new dates must be negotiated.
- Unless otherwise agreed, completed translation will be despatched to the Client by email wherever practicable.
- Engagement of sub-contractors
- The Company may engage any person, firm or company as a sub-contractor to perform any or all of the Company's obligations. Should the Client stipulate otherwise it shall pay any additional reasonable charges incurred by the Company as a result.
- If the Client cancels the translation having agreed for the work to proceed, no refund will be made by the Company to the Client.
- If the Client suspends or postpones the translation that has been commissioned for a period of 7 days or more, charges will be payable for all completed work up to the date of suspension or postponement. In any other case any charges incurred will be made on completion of the translation.
- All text supplied to the Company by the Client will be held or dealt with by the Company at the Client's risk and the Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from any loss or damage.
- The Company reserves the right to destroy or otherwise dispose of any text or other property of the Client that has been in custody for more than 12 months following completion of the work to which it relates.
- The Company will not translate, interpret or print any matter that in its opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature.
- Where copyright exists in texts to be translated by the Company it is presumed that the Client has obtained all consent necessary for such work to be completed.
- The Company will be indemnified by the Client in respect of any claims, proceedings, costs and expenses arising out of any libellous matter printed for the Client, or any infringement of copyright, patent, design or third party right.
Complaints and Disputes
- A complaint by the Client in respect of any Work completed by the Company must be notified to the Company in writing within 14 days of the receipt of the Work. In any event, the Client is to provide the Company with a representative sample of the corrections to be made. The Company will be given the right to correct any inaccuracies in the Work at its expense.
- A complaint by the Client in respect of any Interpreting and or other Work completed by the Company must be notified to the Company in writing immediately in order to allow the Company to make reasonable effort to provide a replacement.
- If there is no agreement, the matter may be referred to the Arbitration Committee of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (London UK) within 2 months of the original complaint. The decision of the Arbitration Committee will be final and binding on both parties. Unless specifically agreed in writing any dispute not dealt with through Arbitration will be settled in accordance with English law and in the English courts.
- These terms and conditions will be interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute between the parties will be subject to English law. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in respect of any dispute arising under or connected with this contract.
- In the event of a Force Majeure the Company will notify the Client without delay and indicate the circumstances. Force Majeure will entitle both parties to withdraw from the contract however the Client will pay the Company for Work already completed. The Company will assist the Client to the best of its ability in placing the work elsewhere in order for the assignment to be completed.
- Force Majeure will be an industrial dispute, civil commotion, natural disaster, acts of war, computer failure, and any other situation that can be shown to materially affect the Company's ability to deal with the assignment as agreed.
Translation, Typesetting, Print Media & Ancillary Services
- Copyright in all work provided by the Company remains with the Company unless specifically agreed otherwise in writing. The Company and its translators assert all moral rights relating to copyright.
- In the event that payment is not received in accordance with clause 5.3 the copyright will remain with the Company and it shall be able to make use of any work not paid for by the Client.
TH Languages Ltd t/a translatemydoc, 3 President Buildings, Savile Street, Sheffield S4 7UQ. 0114 470 1075. talkingheads.co.uk
Reg Office: 85 Doncaster Road, ROTHERHAM, S63 7DN